Friday, November 16, 2012

McG's Last Day




Obviously, in a one-semester course that attempts to integrate Geology, Climate Science, Oceanography, and Biology there will be lots of potentially topics that will remain uncovered.  Today I would like to illustrate two important points "take home points" by having us watch two of my favorite videos.

The World is Complicated and It is Really Cool!!
One of the highlight of my "biology life" was visiting Kruger Park when I was about 13 (how sad to peak so young). I saw lots of amazing animals, but I didn't see anything like this. This video keeps getting better so watch it all the way to the end. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM



There Are Lots of People on the Earth!!
Here is a link to a YouTube video on "World Population" The first minute and a half or so is a little boring, so you can skip over it if you wish. However, I think the animation showing when and where human population growth has been occurring is really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BbkQiQyaYc

No comments:

Post a Comment